What to do in a Mental Health Crisis
When a friend or family member is struggling mentally or emotionally, what should you say or do? When is professional help indicated, and what should you expect when you reach out?
Offered in cooperation with NAMI-Barrington Area, and the Barrington Area Library, a panel of local experts including first responders, mental health clinicians and representatives of the court system will present information, strategies and insight for working through a crisis event. The panel presentation will include a question and answer session.
What will you learn?
- Communication and intervention techniques to de-escalate stressful and potentially violent situations
- How to have the “best” possible outcome when you call 911
- Where to turn for sustainable solutions to prevent future crises
- How the legal system can assist in getting treatment for a loved one who won’t accept treatment
- How to maximize ER visits and treatment programs
We hope you can join us for this 90 minute introduction into mental health crisis management!
Tuesday, October 3, 2017 7:00-8:30 pm
Barrington Area Library
505 N. Northwest Highway
Barrington, Illinois 60010
Click here to register (you will be taken to the Barrington Area Library website)
The following organizations are hosting the ‘How Can I Help’ event
Barrington Behavioral Health and Wellness has therapists on staff that specialize in helping anyone who is hurting or struggling with mental health issues. We provide counseling and testing solutions to clients of any age.
If you would like to know more about how we can help, contact us at 888-261-2178 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
By the way…
Don't Be Shy. Get In Touch
Contact us to schedule your free 30 minute consultation