Beginning June 15th, In person appointments will be considered at all of our locations.
Barrington Behavioral Health & Wellness (BBHW) is taking the following precautions to protect our clients and staff to help slow the spread of the coronavirus. In person appointments will be considered on an individual basis with each client and therapist weighing the risk/benefits. Remote services will still be available dependent on each insurance company’s policy and coverage of telehealth services.
Following the guidance of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Office of the Governor of the State of Illinois, BBHW will incorporate the following safety guidelines:
- BBHW Staff will wear masks at all times. Clients are required to wear a mask as well. Clients must supply their own mask.
- BBHW staff maintains safe distancing.
- BBHW requests clients to complete a screening questionnaire prior to entering any BBHW facility to assess potential symptoms, exposure and/or risk.
- Anyone with a fever of 100 or more will not be allowed into any BBHW facility. We ask you to take your temperature before leaving your home, no charge for a missed session if you are ill during this time of COVID-19.
- Restroom soap dispensers are maintained and everyone is encouraged to wash their hands. Clients are asked to wash their hands upon entering the building and before leaving the building.
- Hand sanitizer containing at least 60% ethanol or 70% isopropyl alcohol is available in each therapy/testing room, the waiting room and at the reception counter.
- BBHW will schedule appointments at specific intervals to minimize the number of people in the waiting room.
- We ask all patients to wait in their cars or outside until no earlier than a few minutes before their appointment time to reduce exposure to others in waiting areas.
- Seating in waiting and therapy/testing rooms has been arranged for appropriate physical distancing.
- Commonly used items and tactile surfaces; Credit card pads, pens, door knobs, etc., are thoroughly sanitized after each use. BBHW encourages no contact payments via check, credit card on file, or calling in a payment.
- Physical contact is not permitted. No shaking of hands.
- Facial tissue and trash bins are easily accessed. Trash is disposed of on a frequent basis.
Common areas are thoroughly disinfected at the end of each day and between sessions therapists will be spraying commonly used areas in the office to reduce exposure.
- Air Filters have been upgraded and will be changed frequently. Doors will be propped open regularly to allow fresh air to enter each office suite.
- Coffee services have been eliminated to reduce exposure with self serve.
BBHW believes in wellness and will do all we can to reduce the possible spread of the coronavirus. However, it is impossible to assure that there is no risk. Please give careful thought to your choices, well-being, and possible exposure. Now is a time when we must think of others, as well as ourselves, and the risk we each bring to each human interaction by the amount we have exposed ourselves to environments that increase the possibility of infection to others.
Protect yourself. Protect others. Stay safe.
This year of 2020 has brought many challenges that have impacted all facets of our life, work, family, relationships, our very heart and soul. BBHW is here to help you be a ‘soul survivor’. If you, or a loved one, are struggling contact us at; 888-261-2178
Don't Be Shy. Get In Touch
Contact us today to schedule your first appointment!